Friday, September 28, 2012

A catch all catch up post

I have left this little blog long neglected.  But I have the blogging bug back, so here I am.  :0)  Today has been a pretty good day.  Slow and easy, just like I like it.  I got to spend some time cross stitching today and my hubby snapped a picture.  I didn't even know he was standing there, lol!


This is today's progress.


The section of the flowers in front of the red curtain got finished today.  That part has been driving me nuts for days ~ 99% of that area is half stitches and those are always so hard for me to keep straight and according to pattern.  But I got it done ~ yay!  Tomorrow I'll start on the vase beneath them.

I looked over to the right of me to the couch and this is what I saw:

Two sacked out pups, lol.  That's Patsy on the left and Betty Sue on the right.  I know you can't tell by this picture, but they can be pretty fierce guard dogs when they need to be, lol.

One more thing I was to share before I close.  A friend of mine recently scored really big on Craigslist.  She was able to get a ton of cross stitching thread for a very small price.  Well, she inspired me to see what I could find.  So I went to Craigslist and put in "cross stitching DMC" just to see what would come up.  For anyone who doesn't know, DMC is a brand (my favorite) of cross stitching thread and a few other stitching products.  Look at what I found!


I was soooo excited to find this box!  The ad said that it was a vintage/antique dmc storage box.  I'm not sure if it is old enough to be "officially" called antique but I do know it has some age to it.  The lady I bought it from got it from her mom and it had belonged to her grandmom before that.  They think that the grandmother purchased it from a store that was closing and this was used as the store display case for some of the DMC numbers of threads.  The box is still labeled and came to me full of skeins of new DMC thread!  A few of the numbers only had a few skeins but several of them have 25 or more per color.  I'm going to split it up with my best stitching buddy.

Draw #1:

Drawer #2:


Drawer #3:


Needless to say, I was very happy with this find.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it, lol.  I've been cross stitching a long time and I've never seen one like it.  And all those threads!  Woohoo!  :0)

Well, I'll close for now.  Everyone have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Hello! Thanks so much for your visit!
I bought the LED lights at Target after Christmas last year. They are made by GE and are baterry operated. I am hoping that Target will have them again this year.

Hugs,
Debbie