Thursday, July 22, 2010

Being Volunteered

A friend dropped by tonight to visit and I'm so glad she did. Because she told me something that I really, really needed to know. The conversation went something like this.

Her: "So, you're providing part of the homeade ice cream for the social Sunday night?"
Me: "I am? Really?"
Her: Looking a bit verklempt - "Yeeeaaah...that's what H____ told me. She said she had spoke to you and you signed up for the homemade ice cream list..."
Me: "I did? No, I didn't..."
Her: "Oh..."

Lol ~ perhaps H____ just dreamed the conversation? Whatever, I don't mind. I can pull out my ice cream maker (brand new last year and we have not used it yet) and make ice cream for Sunday night's social. But I am soooooo glad she mentioned it to me because I would hate to have walked in on Sunday sans homemade ice cream and everyone expecting me to have brought some!

I don't mind volunteering for things, I don't even mind "being volunteered." But if I do get voluteered it certainly helps to be told about it! I'm just glad we caught the mistake before I ended up with egg on my face. :-)

No comments: