Sunday, July 25, 2010

I've learned something about myself...

I am simply not a garden person. I have tried to be. Oh, how I have tried to be. But when the rubber meets the road of spending my time out in the heat, bent over weeding, watering and such...I just don't do it. As we speak, I've got a shamefully overgrown and neglected garden in my backyard. It truly is shameful. I'll not do it again. I am going to limit myself and my planting endeavors to my front porch. That's it. That's all I get. I don't mind going there and tending in the relative shade that the porch gives. I just got finished moving all my containers that were being ignored from the back to the front porch. Well, the ones that survived anyway.

On the upside, my porch now smells heavenly with it's assortment of herbs. And it looks pretty cute too with the planters and little garden pretties I put around them.

Well I'm off for now. Homemade ice cream to attend to for tonight's social. ~~~~~

No comments: