Friday, July 16, 2010

A soft place to fall

My last post was about a friend that I'm having some issues with. Well, to even it all out a bit, this one is about a friend who is being such a blessing to me. I'm having a very hard day. I had a very upsetting talk with my daughter's doctor and just all of the issues that press in on my little girl every single day...well sometimes a momma just breaks down a bit. Today is one of those days. I'm generally not an emotional person but today I can't seem to stop the tears from falling. I mean that literally...I'll think I've got myself under control and then realize as I'm working on some chore that my eyes are once again welled up. It is hard.

I have a friend who lost her little boy to cancer when he was 10 years old. And while I (thank you Lord) do not understand what it is like to have a child die, I do know what it is like to have a child living with a chronic illness. And she understands what it is like to have a sick child. So we have found that we are able to lean on one another in a comfortable way that we really can't with others. Other people may try to sympathize...and I do appreciate that...but they don't know what it is like to live it.

So I called my friend today because right now, for this day, it is all just a bit too much for me. She knew as soon as I said hello that something was wrong. And before the conversation was over she had arranged to take both of my kids to her house for the evening (which they will love) and let me and hubby go out just the two of us for a date night. It's been *forever* since the two of us have been out alone.

Now if I can just get my eyes to quit sending the tears, we'll be in business for a nice evening.

Come on eyes...dry up please...

No comments: